Sunday, May 16, 2010

QuikPic: Nfu-Oh 60


Hey all...

I'm a little out of sorts right now. I don't know how many of you have felt like this / do feel like this during grad school but I'm somewhere in between tears and dropping out. Blah.

Anyway...

I have managed to wrap up my coursework (frustrated determination/anxiety got me through it) and while I am not in the mood for nail art at the moment, I thought I'd swatch some of my new polishes. I must apologize in advance for the quality of the photo (cell phone, shot indoors at a window) and the state of my hands. I finally tried the acetone trick since my fellow PoP bloggers always have such great cuticles. I don't think I did too badly for my first time but acetone really does dry out my hands...and it's very pronounced on darker skin.

I swatched Nfu-Oh over several different things.
Pinky - 4 coats
Ring - 2 coats (over 2 coats Rimmel Black Satin 399)
Middle - 3 coats
Index - 2 coats (over 2 coats China Glaze IX)
Thumb 2 coats (over 2 coats China Glaze Wagon Trail)



In the pictures (and IRL) I don't really see much difference between fingers. I will try swatching over brighter colors to see if the effects change. Nfu-Oh is an absolutely gorgeous flakie though....a beautiful, fall inspired transition between greens, golds and coppers (at some angles maybe even blues and teals) suspended in a glassy black-brown

Chat soon.

-mKat

Like this? Click below to let us know!

7 comments:

jaljen said...

Inspired idea to photo this with the leaf. Dramatic and striking. Not as utilitarian as most swatches. Genuinely interesting image.
www.nailpolishuk.blogspot.com

Steffie said...

Very pretty

aaminahs mom said...

nice- stay encouraged with the grad school, nothing worth having is easy anyhow. feel me

rmcandlelight *I'm wearing China Glaze Stella* said...

Very pretty mani:) Hey what is the acetone trick? I'm not sure but is it adding glycerin to acetone to combat the dryness?

nailsbeautiqued@blogspot.com

mKat said...

Ah the acetone trick isn't much of a trick... it's just using a paint brush and acetone to clean up your cuticle area so you get a nice clean line. I usually just paint right to the edges and let the excess (if there is any) flake off in the shower.

I don't swatch the way my fellow PoP bloggers do though...as jaljen has pointed out. They're FAR more efficient than I am so it makes sense to keep the polish from their cuticle area.

Thanks everyone. :)

B.Stone said...

I do cleanup sometimes, though I find that if you let a drop fall on the nail and carefully push it back, you can get a neat line almost up to the cuticle without flooding. Add glycerin and aloe to your acetone to keep the cuticles from goin' all ashy on ya. ;)

anisetatau.blogspot.com

mKat said...

So many good tips! We need to start a separate section of this blog to include these great recommendations!

Thanks. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails