Saturday, July 21, 2012

Matte charcoal, yes please! China Glaze Stone Cold



China Glaze Stone Cold was part of the Hunger Games collection - I haven't watched the movie or read the book, but this is the most beautiful matte charcoal polish with silvery shimmer particles. It looks like dark lead pencil, and dries super quick. I wasn't expecting to love it so much, but I do!

Annoyingly, the black matte base rubs off over a few days, and by the third day my nails were noticeably more silvery than I would've liked (if you look closely near the cuticles, you can see where cleanup has gotten rid of the darker base and left the silver shimmer behind). But a quick 10 minute touchup fixed that and it was back to gorgeous graphite glory. Definitely my favourite matte polish so far!

What's your favourite matte polish?

Like this? Click below to let us know!

9 comments:

Power Up Pretty said...

Gosh this is pretty! The only problem I have with matte nail polish that has that rough texture is trying to get the polish off! Such a pain!

Lola B. said...

I love to look at mattes, but I can't wear them. I'm constantly moisturizing, and it totally ruins the look.

Robin Storesund said...

I love the graphite look, too! This one has been on my get-to list for a while now, so thanks for reminding me to move it forward a bit.

beachgal said...

I thought I was the only one who had not read the book nor seen the movie! It's just not my genera of taste - not a fan of sci-fi/fantasy at all which makes me a real odd-ball it always seems. I picked up this shade when I was not going to as there are only a few matte shades I really like - most I will put a clear topper on to see all the 'stuff' inside the matte. I did find with this one doing that, seals in the matte coat and I did not see the charcoal rub off then. Mattes never seem to have the wear time of other polishes. They tend to be picky in formula like holos I find. But if you can stand to loose the matte on this one after a day, toss in a top of SV and you won't loose the charcoal to silver and you will see a lot more of the complexity of the colors buried in this one.

Melissa said...

Gorgeous matte! I still want to get this one.

Unknown said...

@ Chelsea - yeah, this was a bit of a pain to get off... silver sparkles everywhere!

@ Lola B - It makes sense that I like them then, I don't moisturise my hands at all, they're gross and callousy!

@ Robin - I hate to enable my fellow polish addicts, but... buybuybuy.

@ beachgal - I actually haven't tried glossing it up yet, although it crossed my mind a few times... will definitely try it!

@ Melissa - It's so pretty, my swatch doesn't do it justice.

Em said...

I love this polish too! Soo angry with myself that I havent picked up this matte shimmery goodness.
But... You have to read the books. It is sooo worth your time. Not even joking! I read it in one day because it was so intense!

NotUrMommasNails said...

This is my favorite Matte polish! I love how deep the colors are in it. It literally looks like there are layers within the polish, but add a top coat and it sparkles. Love It!! Julep Mischa is one of my other favorite polishes to add a matte top coat to! It takes it to another level.

Unknown said...

@Em - It's on my list, when I get a Kindle :)

@NotUrMommasNails - Argh need to wear it again with topcoat clearly! :( C'mon current polish, chip!

Related Posts with Thumbnails