Monday, August 20, 2012

Rimmel Misty Jade + glitter gradient

I swatched this a while ago but it's been languishing at the back of my photos folder, because winter is no time for pastels. But it's warming up just a tad here, and spring is finally around the corner... Rimmel Misty Jade, 2 coats with Seche Vite:

Misty? No. Jade? Well it depends what light it's in! I've never seen a creme change so much depending on whether it's wet or dry, or what topcoat it's under, or what time of day it is. Weird!

I did a gold glitter gradient on top of it a while ago by coaxing Essence Make It Golden on top with a cotton bud, here's the result:

I think it's a really nice shade to have, and quells the For Audrey urges somewhat... if only it'd stay one consistent colour!

Like this? Click below to let us know!


Kelly said...

Winter?? Where do you live? It's summer here! Anyway, this is a gorgeous color, and the gold glitter really makes it pop! Reminds me of the beach.

Lynn said...

I love this look! So pretty!

Deborah - Love. Varnish, chocolate and more... said...

Love the combo with the gold!

Krissy said...

Thats such a gorgeous colour, and even prettier with the gold ontop! Love it.

Shelby Swatches said...

I really like this combo! I wish we had those Rimmels here in the states!

The Nail Artiste said...

I love the blue and gold combination! By the pictures, it seems a tad brighter than For Audrey. Very pretty.

FedoraHarp said...

Oooh I have that essence polish! I find it a little difficult to use because it's pretty thick, and I have to use quite a few coats to get that density of glitter. Did it cause you any problems?

Em. said...

That's such a nice shade!

sandipalien said...

Every time I see a golden glitter gradient I can't help but think...golden showers. Thanks to you lol.

LabMuffin said...

@Kelly - Australia! It's started to warm up a bit though, I wore shorts yesterday and today :)

@Lynn - Thanks! :) I'e worn it a bit too many times though, trying to move away from gold glitter gradients now... it's hard though!

@Deborah - Gold and teal are great together, aren't they? :)

@Krissy - I was so close to not buying it... so glad I did! :)

@Shelby - :O You don't have Rimmel? I feel like I have something to offer US swappers now! :D

@The Nail Artiste - Possibly... I need to wear this to the CG store to check!

@FedoraHarp - I applied it using a cotton swab - the cotton absorbs some of the goopy base :)

@Em - It really is! I'm liking it more every time I wear it.

@sandipalien - I was hoping someone would mention that! I'm so proud :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails