Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Pahlish: April Showers Duo :)


Today I have this duo set from Pahlish to show y'all, named the April Showers Duo. It consists of 2 polishes: Through Still and Storm, a creme with shimmer and Ocean Gone Wrong, a glitter topcoat. This duo is a limited edition set that is the first in a series of monthly LE Pahlishes. The color scheme of this duo is right up my alley and I hope my pictures do these polishes justice!

This is Ocean Gone Wrong solo, 1 coat, 2 coats, 3 coats and 4.

Ocean Gone Wrong consists of a mixture of circle, square, and hex blue glitters with some silver/gunmetal hex glitters and a pink shimmer. I love that this has circle glitters in it! As you can see the coverage is sparse and can't quite reach full opacity, but I think the glitters shine better with one coat.

Through Still and Storm
Through Still and Storm is the creme of this duo set. It's a slate blue color with specks of black with a blue shimmer. This is two coats. The consistency was a little bit odd, but two coats of it evened out beautifully.

Ocean Gone Wrong over Through Still and Storm. 1 coat on each finger with 2 coats of Ocean Gone Wrong on the ring finger.

They layer together awesomely! Can't quite see the glitter because of the shininess, but I mattified it and you can see it better:

I personally think it's super gorgeous mattified and you can see all the separate glitters. I love the mixture.

And here's a solo finger macro shot of Ocean Gone Wrong over black:


You can definitely see the pink shimmer, along with the actual glitters.

This Pahlish April Showers Duo goes on sale April 12 at 7 PM CST and can be found on her Etsy here. If you'd like more updates about her other releases, follow her on Facebook here :)

Like this? Click below to let us know!

4 comments:

Sasha said...

I really like it mattified too!

Aglaya said...

They're both gorgeous! I have to try and get my hands on them :-)

Sara said...

These are both amazing. I love them matte.

Melissa said...

These polishes are so gorgeous! I absolutely love them matte.

Related Posts with Thumbnails